What is Phunt?
Phunt is a few new game you can play in a number of exciting ways!
It is a photo-scavenger hunt in which users can login in with their mobile device (phone, tablet, etc.) and take pictures to complete the tasks listed.
The photos you take will be uploaded live to a page only the players can see, so when the games ends you can go back and see the pictures everyone took.
This is a fun way to hang out with friends, explore a new city or attraction, and so much more.
You can use the hunts that we have provided for you, or create your own with friends and race across town completing any number of ridiculous tasks.
Requirements to Play:
- A mobile device with Google Chrome (Some of the cool features in the game are only compatible with Chrome, so download Chrome to get the full experience - its awesome!)
- A computer or tablet to set up the game.
- If you are using an iPhone, please take your pictures in landscape.
- Be ready to have fun!
How to Play:
- On our homepage, either click on one of our premade games, or create your own. Look through our premade games to see some ideas of different ways our game can be played!
- If you make your own game, start by giving your hunt a name in the field provided and hitting enter, and then proceed to add as many tasks as you want for your hunt, by simply typing a task into the available field and hitting enter after each. When you are satisfied with your tasks, hit next.
- b. If you want to use a premade game, just click on its picture and hit Start Game!
- At the top of our leaderboard, you will see a Game ID. Grab your mobile device and go to the URL localhost:3000/login to join the game. Enter the Game ID in the first field, and your name in the second and hit submit. You will see a column with your name appear at the top of the leaderboard.
- Back on your phone, you will see that a task list has appeared. When you click on any of the tasks, you will be directed to a page in which you can take a photo and upload it once you've found what the task is looking for.
- Once you complete a task, you will notice that it gets crossed out. You can click back on that task to review the picture you took (which will be displayed there), or redo a task and take another picture by simply clicking the upload photo button again.
- As you play the game, you will get notifications as the other players progress through the hunt to remind you to hurry up!
- When you have finished all of the tasks, return to your computer to see your score.
Rules and Scoring
1. If you are the first person to complete the task, you will get 2 points. If you aren't first and you complete the task, you get 1 point.
2. When you gather back together with your group, review the pictures that each player submitted. If the majority of the group thinks that the player didn't fully complete the task, you can disqualify the photo by double clicking it, and the score will be recalculated.